Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Matariki


Totara hub has been learning to celebrate Matariki in many different
way's. Matariki stars are called the seven sisters. Matariki is a thing we celebrate for the Maori new year and to care for everyone.I love Matariki in many ways like love and care is the most thing's I like about Matariki. I made the kites with my group. I used my collaboration muscles to work together to create a beautiful kite. It was really tricky because people were loud and we couldn't really concentrate.
I also did planting that was fun we planted cabbage tree and my partners were Emma F and Lealou we used are collaboration muscle to plant the tree. Some other people did weaving, cooking, painting.



                       We used flax and this plant called toi toi and with the flax we made string and toi toi is the part at the top and the bottom

We did cooking we made fried bred and fish pie that was yum





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               We did carving and we wrote Tortara hub


 
People made some flowers out of flax 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment